Nutrition counseling (Medical Nutrition Therapy) is provided by Registered Dietitians at each of our Family Care Centers. Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) can help to lessen chronic disease risk, slow disease progression and reduce symptoms. MNT can reduce the need for medication, which can result in fewer doctor visits and less hospitalizations.
Ultimately, MNT can improve your overall quality of life.
Do you want to feel better?
Would you like to have fewer health problems and more energy?
Would you like to try to decrease the amount of medications you have to take?
Do you have questions about what to eat for better health?
Are you interested in trying to improve your health naturally?
Do you need help controlling blood pressure, blood sugar, or lowering cholesterol?
Do you want to change your weight?
Are you ready to make some changes?
If so, ask your health care provider for a referral to see one of our Registered Dietitians.
- How to get a referral to a Family Care Center Registered Dietitian
- For Health care Providers: How to refer a patient for nutrition services
- Clinic locations
Medical Nutrition Therapy Services
- Individual Counseling Sessions (up to 3 visits for each referral)
Diabetes Self-Management Program
- Two 2-hour Group Education Sessions
- Individual MNT counseling Sessions
- One 6-month follow-up Group Education Session
Healthy Heart Program (coming soon at certain locations)
- One 2-hour Group Education Session
- Two Individual MNT counseling Sessions
All nutrition services are available on referral by physician or other health care provider. Fees based on patient plan coverage and eligibility for certain programs.
All of the following are accepted: Exclusive Care, Medi-Cal, Managed Care Medi-Cal (such as IEHP and Molina), Healthy Families, Healthy Kids, Vantage IPA, MISP, and private insurance.
An ability to pay plan is available to patients without medical coverage, based on income and family size.
Helpful Nutrition Related Links: